To put it in simple words, criterion means characterization marks or traits. The name is as apt for the channel as this channel has stuff which is a class above the usual findings. This channel is purely designed for a movie fanatic who can dive deeper into a film’s meaning rather than just scratching the surface. The design of the channel itself will make you feel like you have entered a classic French theatre. The minimalistic design complementing the subtle colors of passion is something a movie fanatic will fall in love with. Good news, it is available on one of the most popular streaming platform-Roku.
Criterion being available on Roku is a boon for the common people who aspire to be an artist or a critic. Roku’s vast platform goes well with the criterion channel since the exposure available is eccentric. The channel consists of movies that not only redefined the entertainment industry but lit a spark on the human consciousness which in turn molded, changed and even inspired many artists. So this is a must-have addition if you have a Roku device. Praise be to the digital age as the criterion is available in an application form across many platforms like Android devices, iOs, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku and even on web browsers which can be accessed in a laptop or a Smartphone.
Criterion channel Roku activation steps
No wonder you crave for criterion when you know about it. Follow the steps below for the criterion channel Roku activation.
Look for criterion channel Roku.
- Once you power up your device, see if there are any updates available.
- If there are any updates available, wait till it does so.
- After Roku gets updated, it will restart to apply the changes downloaded.
- Now it will display a homepage layout where you can find the search bar.
- If you can’t find a search bar, use the dedicated search button on your Roku remote to complete the action.
- Now search for “The Criterion channel”.
- Now there will be a logo of the channel in a black background.
- Just to be sure it is the original Criterion channel; check the “developed by” in the description.
- It should mention “The Criterion Collection”.
Adding the criterion channel
- Once you verify the “developed by” option, click on the “Add channel” tab.
- Your channel will start downloading.
- Once the channel is added, you will see it on the channels list on your device.
- Now load up the channel.
Generating the activation code
- When you open the channel, there will be an option to sign in.
- Use your credentials to sign into the criterion channel; if you don’t have one there will be an option to sign up.
- Click on sign up and enter the necessary information to create an account in the criterion channel Roku.
- After you sign in to your account, there will be an activation code displayed on your TV screen.
- Make sure you note down the activation code.
- The activation code is case sensitive and will be a combination of alphabets and numbers.
- So note down the activation code as it is displayed.
Verifying the activation code
- Now open your browser in a different device, most conveniently on a laptop or in your Smartphone.
- Now go the criterion channel Roku website and sign in using your credentials.
- There will be a tab “Enter activation code”.
- Enter your activation code which you took note of.
- Click on continue.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- If the code entered is correct, a popup will indicate the successful linking of the account.
Stream your service
- Now all that’s left is for you to open the channel on your device and start enjoying the movies.
To be noted
- Activation codes are case sensitive, so note it down properly.
- Activation codes are valid for only a couple of minutes. So if you take a longer time to verify the code it may not work.
- You can always generate a new activation code if you made a mistake in your previous one.
For further doubts regarding “Criterion channel Roku”, don’t hesitate to call our support team who are more than happy to assist you.