Scan Channels From Your Streaming Players
Television is undeniably one of the most important products in history. It changed the way we perceive entertainment. Television not just redefined the mode of experiencing entertainment, but it changed the way artists produce entertainment. Over the period, television took various forms, and recently, it upgraded exponentially while comparing to the other devices that emerged during the same timeline. Some of the television brands that are at the pinnacle of their chart are Roku TV, Samsung, Sony, LG, Sharp, and a few others. Check out this blog to know how to scan channels on Roku TV, Hisense, Insignia, Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, etc.
How to Scan Channels on Roku TV?
There are many Roku TVs available on the market. Some of the popular models are RCL Roku TV, TCL Roku TV, Hisense Roku TV, and a lot more. You can apply the same method for all these products.
- Link your coaxial cable into the Ant/Cable In input of your TV.
- Now, from the home page of your Roku TV, choose the antenna TV tile.
- From here, you can proceed with finding the channels by selecting the “Start finding channels.”
- If prompted, select your time zone.
- Choose the option that says, “no, channels three & four are not needed.”
- Your device will scan for the cable TV channels, so this will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Once over, you can see the list of channels loading up on your device.
How to scan channels on Hisense TV?
Proceed with the following steps to scan the channels on Hisense TV.
- You can see an icon of three lines on the remote.
- Once you click on that, you can see the whole menu.
- From here, click on the “settings” button.
- Under the “settings” tab, you should select the “channel” option.
- If you want to scan for channels, you have to configure the turner mode to cable. Usually, the option is set to “antenna.”
- Proceed with the instructions on your screen after you select the “Auto channel scan.”
- Now, your device will scan for the available channels from the list.
How to Scan Channels on Insignia TV?
Follow the steps to scan the channels on insignia TV.
- Click on the “Menu” option on your TV remote.
- Use the navigation keys to choose the “channels” option.
- From the list, choose the “auto channel search” option to proceed with the scanning process.
- Choose the “cable from the wall” option to scan the channels from the cable network.
- Now, the TV will start to scan for channels, so bear with it till the scan completes.
How to Scan Channels on Samsung TV?
Follow the instructions below to complete the scanning process of the channels. We will split the whole process into two categories as there is a wide range of differences between the older and latest models of Samsung TV.
For older Samsung TV models,
- Make sure your remote is properly linked to the TV; if you are using an IR remote, then you don’t have to worry about it.
- To launch the “main menu,” you have to click on the “menu” option on your remote.
- Now, see if the source is configured to the “TV.” Toggle between the options on the main menu to select the “channel” option.
- Ensure that your antenna configuration is set to the cable. Change the preference if it is set to some other source.
- Choose the “auto program” option from your remote using the navigation keys.
- Proceed with the commands you see on your TV screen and click on the “enter” option.
- From the antenna option, choose the “digital cable system.” Proceed with the flow to click on the “enter” tab.
- The device will now scan for the available channels, so it will take a couple of minutes; please bear with it.
- Once done, your device will display the total number of channels available.
- As the final step, click on “enter” to exit from the menu.
- Now, you can choose the channel you want and can go on to stream it.
For the latest Samsung TV models,
- Click on the “home” button on your TV remote.
- If it is a smart TV, make sure the source is configured to TV.
- You will see a gear icon on your display. Once you click it, this will launch the settings page.
- After this, select the “broadcasting” option from the menu.
- You will either see “auto-tune settings” or “auto-tuning” on your display.
- If the auto-tuning process begins, you have to select the “start” tab to initiate the scanning process.
- You may have to configure a few things here, so check if the setting is set to the below flow.
Dish > Terrestrial
Channel type > Digital
Channel initialization > Disable
- Once this is set, click on the “scan” option.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see a list of results comprising of the available channels on your device.
- As the final step, click on the “close” option to complete the setup.
How to Scan Channels on Sony TV?
Refer to the steps below to proceed with the scanning of the channels available on your Sony TV. There are two ways you can scan channels on a Sony TV.
- Choose the menu option on your remote.
- From the menu option, click on the “settings” tab.
- Once the “settings” menu launches, look for the “Digital set up” option.
- Choose the “digital tuning” option under the “digital setup” menu. Use the navigation keys to select the option.
- Under the “digital auto-tuning”, you will see an option that says “cable”; select it.
- The “cable” option should be configured to the “TV connection type.”
- Click on the Home button on your remote to show the Home page sort of layout.
- Look for the settings option on this page; once you find it, click on the “initial setup” option.
- Choose “yes” if you want to initiate the setup process now.
- You can choose the language you want if your device prompts you.
- Now click on the “auto program” option to proceed further.
- The channel scan will initiate now. Wait till the process completes.
- As the final step hit the “ok” option to complete the process.
How to Scan Channels on LG TV?
Proceed with the steps below to scan for the channels on your LG TV. There are two prominent types of TVs found on the market-smart TVs that operate on a WebOS and the older LG TVs.
For LG TVs that use WebOS,
- Using your remote, go to the home page by pressing the “Home” button.
- Choose the “settings” option from the screen.
- Choose the “all settings” option from the display. This should probably be the last on your list.
- Select the “channels” option under the call settings option.
- Under here, choose the “channel tuning.”
- Set the “channel mode” configuration to “cable.”
- Choose the “auto-tuning” option.
- Proceed with the instructions on your screen to complete the scanning process on your LG TV.
For older LG TVs,
- Look for the “home” button on your remote.
- Click on it to launch the settings option.
- Under the settings option, choose “channel.”
- Under this, select “auto-tuning”. Some TV models may state this as “auto program.”
- Choose the “start” option to proceed with the scanning process.
How to Scan Channels on Vizio TV?
Refer to the steps below to finish the scanning process on Vizio TV.
- Firstly, choose the input source as TV. Click on the “input” option on your remote to check the input source.
- Launch the menu option and choose a TV or Tuner option.
- Under the tuner option, select “cable” to proceed with the scanning process.
- You can choose “auto search” or “auto channel scan” differs between the TV models.
- Wait till the scanning process reaches 100%.
- You can click on the “exit” option to get out of the menu.
- If the channels didn’t show up on your scanning process, make sure you clear the memory or reset the device to get the results.
How to Scan Channels on Sharp TV?
Follow the instructions below to complete the scanning process on your sharp TV.
- Click on the “menu” option on your remote.
- Use the navigation keys to toggle between the options on your menu.
- Select the “initial setup” and click on the “enter” button on your remote.
- Navigate to the “broadcast setting” and select the “enter” option.
- Choose the “CH setup” and select “enter.”
- From the available options, select “air/cable”; click on “enter”.
- Choose the “cable” option as your choice and click on “enter.”
- Under this, select “CH search” and press enter.
- You can see two options under the “CH search”- start and cancel.
- Select “start” to initiate the scanning process.
Reach out to our engineering team if you have any queries regarding the TV setup or channels scanning issues on your TV. We are available 24/7 @ +1-820-300-0630 or visit Streaming device setup and are glad to help you with your doubts.